Wounds in elderly people can take longer to heal and may be more prone to infection. Therefore, it is important to follow the basic steps on how to properly care for their wounds to ensure their continued healing and avoid further complications.
Here are some steps to follow and remember:
- Clean the wound gently with clean and running water. It is best to avoid using alcohol or hydrogen peroxide as they can irritate the wound and delay healing.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to prevent infection and keep the wound moist.
- Cover the wound with a bandage to protect it from dirt and bacteria.
- Watch for signs of infection such as redness, pus, fever, or increased pain. If you notice any of these symptoms, contact your doctor or nurse right away.
- Seek medical attention if the wound is deep, large, bleeding heavily, or caused by an animal bite or a rusty object.
If you are looking for a reliable provider of home care and medical service in Pennsylvania, MOG Home Health Care Services is your best choice!
We can provide you with a skilled, compassionate, and experienced caregiver in Secane Pennsylvania who can address your loved one’s personal and medical needs anytime in the comforts of their own homes.
We guarantee to provide your loved ones with quality home care in Philadelphia region. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Live in care
- Companion service
- Dementia care and many more